CURRENT AFFAIRS 2017
1. India and Philippines have signed four agreements for cooperation in various areas including defense and security.
2. Pakistan’s spinner Saeed Ajmal announced his retirement from all forms of cricket.
3. The 37th India International Trade Fair (IITF) began at Pragati Maidan in New Delhi. The 14-day annual event, organised by the India Trade Promotion Organisation ,was inaugurated by President Ram Nath Kovind. The theme for this year is-‘Startup India Standup India’.
4. China has launched the world’s first all-electric ship, which can travel up to 80 km with 2000-tonnes cargo after a two-hour charge.
5. The Indian Railways has launched Project ‘Saksham’, country’s largest time-bound upskilling exercise for its employees to boost their efficiency.
6. Inflation at the wholesale level rose to 6-month high of 3.59 percent in October. Inflation, based on the Wholesale Price Index (WPI), was 2.60 percent in September.
7. The 12th East Asia Summit kicked-off in Manila, Philippines. The world leaders attending the summit will mainly discuss security and trade issues.
8. Filmmaker Sujoy Ghosh has resigned as the head of the jury of IFFI’s (International Film Festival of India) Indian Panorama section.
9. Toshiba Digital Solutions and Tech Mahindra announced a strategic partnership to work in the area of a smart factory. This partnership aims to leverage strengths of both sides and offer a one-stop solution for manufacturer customers with the latest IoT technologies and system integration capabilities from both sides.
10. Bengaluru FC has named the former Indian captain Rahul Dravid as the club’s brand ambassador.
11. Minister of State (IC) for Power and New & Renewable Energy, R.K. Singh has launched the National Power Portal (NPP), a Centralized Platform for Collation and Dissemination of Indian Power Sector Information.
12. According to Bank of America Merrill Lynch, India will become world’s third largest economy by 2028.