TOP CURRENT AFFAIRS
1. India Signed Loan Agreement with World Bank for US$ 119 Million for “Odisha Higher Education Programme for Excellence and Equity (OHEPEE) Project.
2. An Indian-American, Ravinder Bhalla became the first-ever Sikh mayor of US’ New Jersey-based Hoboken city.
3. Indian boxer MC Mary Kom (48kg) won a gold medal for fifth time in Asian boxing Championships. Five-time world champion and Olympic bronze medalist Mary Kom defeated Kim Hyang Mi of North Korea by 5-0.
4. Novelist Manu Sharma, who wrote the biggest novel in Hindi “krishna ki atmakatha”, died. He was 89.
5. Sanjeev Kaushik was appointed a whole-time member of market regulator Securities and Exchange Board of India (SEBI). Kaushik, a 1992-batch IAS officer of the Kerala cadre, is the Chairman and Managing Director of India Infrastructure Finance Company (IIFCL).
6. Tamil Nadu Tennis Association (TNTA) will conduct the Chennai Open Challenger Tennis Tournament 2018, an ATP Challenger event in Chennai from February 12 to 18, February 2018.
7. The Union Women and Child Development Minister Maneka Gandhi launched the online complaint management system ‘SHe Box’ (Sexual Harassment Electronic Box) against sexual harassment at work place in New Delhi.
8. International Children’s Film Festival India (ICFFI), popularly known as the Golden Elephant began in Hyderabad, Telangana. The festival would conclude on the occasion of Children’s Day on 14 November.